- We keep the dog's food in the same cupboard where we keep paper bags, which we fill with recyclables. Every time I open the door to get out a bag, the dog gets psyched. I pretend he's really into nature and the earth and shit, and is all, "Yeah! Recycling!"
- These arrived on my doorstep today. Looks like I'll be wearing my new jeggings soon!
- I'm eating leftover guacamole (oh, did I forget to tell you I make the best guacamole in the world? Not bragging - just facts), but we only had the shattered remains of a bag of tortilla chips to eat it with. Soon I will abandon the chips-as-vehicle and use a spoon, dipping it first into the guac and then into the chip crumbs, like you do with mashed potatoes and corn.
- Each week my local newspaper publishes the names of babies born in area hospitals. To help inspire the Kid and Brian, I've been reading this section and highlighting some great choices for them to consider. This week's favorites include:
- MicKaylah Jewelle
- Antwan De'Antoney (I especially like that this is two versions of the same name)
- For twins: Lamari Bra'janique and Lamar Bry'Shon
- Shawnbrielle Elegence
- A'Mari Janae'
...That's all I got, y'all. Not an exciting day, really.
Thoughts on "unique" spellings/weird names? Examples of real-life people you have met with bizarre names or spellings? Please share!