Thursday, January 27, 2011

What it's like to be me today

Hello, beautiful
Here's what's going on in my head right now:

The insurance company has decided that my car is totaled. This means that the whole process is going to take longer than the week or so we planned for. We have to find out exactly why they totaled it, because if there's nothing structurally wrong with the car we'll probably buy it back from them and get it fixed. Either way, we decided it's smarter to stop paying for the rental I've been using all week, so it looks like this weekend will be spent learning to drive standard. That way I can drop Andy off at work and pick him up (he works longer days than I do) or, if I'm not confident enough to face rush hour on the highway yet, he can drop me off and pick me up, and I can work four ten-hour days next week. Hassle.

I need a haircut. And some dye. I dyed it black for Halloween but don't want to commit to black hair full time, so I've been rocking several inches of brownish roots for a while now. I can't decide what I want to do with it right now, but this website will make deciding really easy or a lot harder.

Thursdays have become Knitting Night for me and some friends. Tonight we're taking a field trip to the other side of the city so I can get more lovely, lovely Baby Alpaca Grande, which is pictured above. I'm halfway done with a gorgeous seed-stitch cowl in the softest coral yarn ever (that's it second from the right in the picture). I'll try to post a picture of the finished thing, because I made up the pattern because I'm a badass knitter like that.

I'm hungry.

What's it like to be you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment