Thursday, January 20, 2011

On not really bragging

I was thinking about my post the other day, which really wasn't bragging. I've lost somewhere in the neighborhood of eight pounds in the last, like, three months. Not exactly a huge accomplishment, right? But the title of the post stuck with me: what else would be an appropriate non-bragging end to that sentence? So  I spent today developing a list of great phrases that a normal person wouldn't brag about. Feel free to sprinkle these into your conversations:

I don't mean to brag, but...
  • I'm really good at picking my nose.
  • I've been potty-trained since the age of five.
  • I make a really good Hamburger Helper.
  • I got out a little early for good behavior.
  • As a senior in high school, I was captain of the JV Bowling team.
  • I've gone four days without showering.
  • I own nineteen cats.
  • Odor-Eaters don't touch my foot odors.
  • I can do basic addition and subtraction.
  • I drive better drunk.
  • I can fit all of my clothes into dresser drawers and closet space.
  • I lead a really intense intervention.
  • I've seen every episode of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.
  • I own a watch.
  • I can run a ten-minute mile.
  • I'm working on a tattoo sleeve dedicated to great cartoons of the 1980s.
I could pretty much go on forever. (Note: the first one is true.)

What aren't you bragging about? Please add to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment