Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello, 2011.

As I discussed yesterday, we got a lot done around the house yesterday. I'd say the house is 80% tidier than it was when we got up yesterday morning, and the laundry is about 65% done. Because I'm sure you're wondering, we didn't end up going to see Marky Mark looking hot and shirtless, because while we were out to dinner the dog decided to eat 3/4 of a chocolate orange. This resulted in a panicked phone call to the Kid, who said he'd probably be fine (especially after considering that he ate a whole Easter basket one year with no ill effect), but if it made us feel better we could force-feed him a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to make him barf it up. We didn't go that route, but we stayed home and kept a close eye on him. He is 100% fine, but I"m glad we stayed home because I would have worried the whole time we were out.

Today we made pancakes and bacon for breakfast and are sitting around reading the paper. This afternoon I'm planning to start scouring Craigslist so I can cross off Resolution #3. I really don't care if they match, as long as they're tall enough!

Tonight we'll probably be going to dinner at Andy's parents' house, which is always a joy. If you want you can suggest new topics of conversation for me to introduce to Rodger.

How's 2011 treating you so far? Are you going with "two-thousand-eleven" or "twenty-eleven"? (I think I'm a "twenty-eleven" kind of girl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment