|Pretty image via|
- They give you rum. Lots and lots of rum.
- You can win even more rum. It's given out as a prize.
- I may be misremembering, but I think the winner of the kid's volleyball tournament got rum.
- The entertainment provided by the resort was terrifically bad.
- The first night we went to the show (the second night there) was the all-Jamaican cast's rendition of scenes from Grease. The guy playing Danny Zuko had a very limited command of a) his lines and b) English.
- They had a Lavar Burton look-alike MCing everything.
- They had a dance contest one night. An eight-year-old girl performed a dance called the dirty wine. Lavar told her, "You need Jesus."
- If it rained, we went inside and watched part of National Treasure, which was always on tv.
- I won some rum. And they gave us two bottles of rum in our room, with a coconut with the top lopped off, for being newlyweds.
- The food was pretty good for being buffet-style. Andy particularly liked that there was a jerk chicken hut on the beach. I particularly liked that there was a bar on the beach.
- We didn't know the names of any of the staff, so we nicknamed them. We were particularly fond of Sideburns, Bossy, and Crazy Thumbs Murphy.
- There was enough to do at or through the resort that we didn't feel weird about not leaving much. We went parasailing and snorkeling and on a sunset cruise thing, which involved a pirate hideout which is now a bar.
Have you ever been to Jamaica? Was it awesome? If not, where else have you been that you think I'd like?