Saturday, January 22, 2011

Late post, but with good reason.

That's my car.
Sooooooooo we were supposed to go out for Mexican food yesterday. Instead, we got in an accident (everyone was fine) and spent three hours in a crappy restaurant waiting for 1) the cops, 2) the tow truck, and 3) our friends, who we insisted get dinner and stuff first, to fucking come get us already.

We were across the city from our usual hangouts, so we were looking for the street names (in a really poorly marked intersection, I MIGHT ADD) and the car in front of us stopped short to turn left. Andy tried to stop (couldn't go around her, as there were cars in all the other lanes), but hit slush/ice and slid into her. There was almost no damage to her car (like, a scratch on her bumper) but that's an actual picture of my car up there.

And I don't know if this is a thing, but please don't blow up the picture, find my VIN, and use it to somehow steal my identity.

It's pretty awesome that no one was hurt - not so much as a scratch on anyone - and we have collision insurance on that bad boy, so it could have been so, so much worse. But I'm still without a car for a few days, so to cheer myself up I spent my day baking cookies (don't bother with any other recipe) and watching movies with my friends. Then tonight we're going to try to go out for Mexican again. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. I just came over here to say thanks for the comment you left on my blog about the cowl and saw this. Bummer! I'm glad no one was hurt but what a crappy way to spend an evening. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it wasn't wonderful! I actually was super-grateful that I had been to a yarn store the day before and had a skein of Plymouth Yarn's Baby Alpaca Grande with me. Kept me from screaming while we waited!

    I do love your cowl, too!

    ReplyDelete