Friday, February 11, 2011

Three quick things.

1. It's no secret that I'm a knitter, so occasionally people think of me when they have extra yarn. This week at work, one of my coworkers brought me a giant shopping bag full of yarn of all colors, mostly in full skeins, that she found in her house! The problem is, I'm kind of a snot about the yarn I like using, and the bag's full of acrylic stuff that I wouldn't have picked out for myself. So I thanked her graciously and told her I'd share the wealth. I'm going to offer it to my mom to see if her youth group could use it for anything, and if they don't want it, I'll donate it to a local women's shelter. The residents at the shelter I worked at really liked having something to keep their hands busy. Wasn't that nice of my coworker to think of me, though?

2. The upstairs bathroom is coming along pretty well. Tonight there will be spackling and sanding, repeatedly in thin coats, so that next weekend we can tackle the painting! You better believe I will be spending some time this weekend at Lowe's, finalizing paint colors and daydreaming about fixtures.

3. I'm almost done with The Hunger Games trilogy, and I almost forgot how much I really like young adult fiction. Any recommendations for a new series when I finish this one? (PLEASE?)

No comments:

Post a Comment