|My day was a little like this but with less hardwood floors and fire hazards.|
- My house is cold. We keep it at 65°, which is fine when we're snuggled under some blankets on the couch, but way too cold when you're in the kitchen trying to edit.
- My dog's life is pretty decent. He spent the whole day on the couch, sleeping. Only a slight departure from his usual weekend routine of spending all day sleeping on the floor.
- It's a lot harder to focus on reading legal stuff when you're watching Bones or The Office.
- Don't try to run the dishwasher when you're sitting right next to it trying to read.
- If I don't go outside for at least a few minutes, I get a headache.
- I would be terrible at being self-employed. I barely talked myself out of baking cookies midafternoon. Deciding factor: I was pretty sure the butter would be too hard, even at room temperature.