Monday, February 21, 2011

Things I am good at and also not so good at.

Things I am good at:
  • Napping
  • Sleeping in general, really
  • Reading a lot and being pretty fucking smart
  • Watching Bones before Andy gets home from work
  • and then imagining that every creak my fifty-year-old house makes is a murderer
  • Imagining bizarre worst-case scenarios in my own life (see: creaking floor = murderer)
  • but encouraging the crap out of everyone else
  • Making delicious, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes
  • Putting fussy babies to sleep (my secret: talk to them, about nothing, for a long time in a monotone voice. Basically, I bore them to sleep.)
Things I am not so good at:
  • Getting going on time in the morning
  • Resisting the urge to make sure there's no murderer hiding behind the furnace in my creepy laundry room
  • Dancing without looking like I have some sort of degenerative nerve condition 
  • Being as forgiving with myself as I am with others
  • Being patient (we got on the waiting list for a friend for Rooster, but we won't find out till Saturday if he's ours or not. It's killing me!)
  • Listening to modern music without making disgusted faces a lot. Seriously, what is going on in the music world today? Why did The Juliana Theory have to break up? Is emo dead??)
  • Pretending to give a shit that it's not cool to like emo in an unironic way. The Get Up Kids and Brand New 4ever, or something.
What are you good at? What aren't you so good at? Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment