Thursday, December 9, 2010

Procrastinating is so much easier than doing stuff.

My train to New York leaves in less than 12 hours. I'll be gone till Monday afternoon. I'm working regular hours Tuesday and Wednesday, and then houseguests are arriving Wednesday night and staying for ten days. Here are some things I should be doing to get ready for my trip or my guests:

  • Folding the laundry I washed yesterday so I could have clean undies all weekend.
  • Cleaning either bathroom, or better yet both bathrooms.
  • Rearranging furniture in the guest room to make room for their stuff.
  • Packing (I have precisely four things packed: a book, two magazines, and my knitting).
  • Putting away some of the clutter than has accumulated in the living room in the last two weeks.
  • Working on the scarf I started with the sole intent of wearing in on this trip that is currently six inches long.
  • Looking up what taking a train is like these days (I haven't been on one since I took one in France in 2005).
  • Figuring out how to schedule posts on this thing, so as not to disappoint my THREE regular readers (Hi, Chicago, Springfield, and Huntington Beach!) (Is that creepy? I use StatCounter (which allows you to map your readers) because I don't trust Blogger's stat feature, and I'm a narcissist at heart so I want to see how many people read this shit.)
Instead, I am:
  • Drinking a beer (Sam Adams Winter Lager for the win!).
  • Blogging, but not bothering to look up that other part about scheduling.
  • Watching Seinfield, which I hate anyway.
  • Texting my sister.
  • ...That's it.
Ooops. 

P.S. I looked up the scheduling thing. I now have another reason to procrastinate for a few hours! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment