Sunday, December 26, 2010

How was your Christmas?

Bizarre image via
 I'm still getting used to the fact that I'm not a teacher anymore, which means I have to work during the week between Christmas and New Year's. It sucks. But I aim to have an awesome day today to squeeze in as much vacation as I can!

We had a great Christmas yesterday. There was one incident when Andy's sister's dog misinterpreted "shake" to mean "rear up on your hind legs and scratch me on the face," and we didn't start opening presents until ten p.m. at his folks' house, but other than that things were pretty smooth and calm.

Weirdest present I received: the Jell-o recipe book pictured above. I don't like Jell-o, pretty much at all, so that's fun.

Christmas-related anecdote: When I was a kid, I was sure that the word 'certain' could sometimes be used as a verb. This knowledge was based on the Christmas Carol "The First Noel," in which the angels sang the first noel to "certain poor shepherds." To nine-year-old me, this meant they sang it to the shepherds to reassure them and tell them that Jesus was coming - you know, to certain them.

How was your Christmas? Do you have to work tomorrow too?

No comments:

Post a Comment