Friday, December 3, 2010

Five on Friday

Have you ever Google-image-searched the word "weekend"? This is among the results.

Any of you have awesome plans this weekend? Because my inner child is fifty-two years old, I'm planning to finish knitting Andy's sweater and to start a neckwarmer for myself. Maybe I will also have a few beers.

To keep you amused if your weekend is not as exciting as mine, here are some lovely things:
 1. Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares. It's a blog that is awesome and funny and also grammar-related. I love it.
2. Great guy-focused gift guide via A Cup of Jo. My husband would dig most of the things on this list.
3. Subversive cross-stitch kits. My favorite is "Shut your piehole." Almost worth learning cross-stitch for!
4. Fosterhood in NYC. As I mentioned, I worked (for eight years) at a shelter for victims of domestic violence; many of the women I worked with had experiences with foster care. This is a blog written by a girl in her twenties who is a foster-parent in NYC. It's pretty amazing. You should read it.
5. I'm not Jewish, but I'm planning to eat plenty of sufganiyot and latkes anyway. 

Exciting weekend plans? Share them, so I can live vicariously through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment