Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Planning big.

Delicious image via
What are you all up to for New Year's Eve? We committed to hanging out with about five different sets of people, so then we were going to have a party, but then some of the people made other plans, so maybe we won't have a party. Or something.

What I'm trying to say is, I have no idea what we're doing on Friday night, but it's looking likely that we'll be at my parents' house with our friends. My parents like to host and their house is clean, so it's a way better option than having a party here, but I feel a little odd about spending New Year's Eve watching Dick Clark look robotic and heartbreaking with my mom.

When I was in college, my friend Chris's parents went out of town for New Year's a few years in a row, and Chris hosted some of the best parties I've ever been to. There was the year that Todd ran into the packed living room three minutes early and started the countdown, which we all participated in, only to realize that we had wasted the good countdown. There was the year many people saw Bob doing some girl. There was the year with the pancakes. And I'm pretty sure an evening at my parents' house, while fun, won't be as epic as those nights were.

Do any of you go out for the night? I know most New Yorkers avoid Times Square, but what about hotels and bars and stuff in your city? I think this year I want an excuse to get all dolled up, wear a sequined dress and some fancy shoes (p.s. LAUGHING OUT LOUD about the idea of paying those prices for dresses and shoes), and get buzzed on the best drink ever. Instead, I'll probably put on a little extra eyeliner, paint my nails with sparkly polish and bring the dog and Andy to my mom's. Not exactly as awesome, but good nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment