|Something like one of these has made its home in my face.|
To demonstrate the first symptom, here are some examples from today:
- Andy sent me a text that read "I feel a fever coming on" followed by a smiley face. The cold has somehow led him to believe that emoticons are okay (THEY ARE NOT) and also to mistype the most common one. [I wrote back "Cowbell? Or are you feeling worse?"]
- I put my boots on the wrong feet. I am not four years old, so this is not endearing so much as asinine.
- I haven't yet wrapped a single present. I got home from work, took presents out, looked at them for a long minute, and then put them away again, even though I have the house to myself for a while and not much time for wrapping.
- Went against my self-imposed "don't volunteer opinions at meetings at work" rule to argue, passionately but with almost no voice, about the importance of a particular comma.
- I have misspelled at least 45% of the words in this post.
- I have hit capslock instead of shift like six times in the last four minutes.