Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What I'm loving and not loving

Awesome image via
Today I love:
  • That my sister's still around to hang out with.
  • Eating dinner with family and friends every night - with the bonus that it means I haven't cooked a meal in two weeks!
  • Planning to use money we were given for Christmas to (finally) redo the upstairs bathroom that I've hated since we moved in [note: "redo" here means "scrape the peeling paint off the wall, repaint the walls and the whore's-lipstick-red trim, and maybe, if we're feeling flush, re-enamel our 1950s bathtub"].
  • Homemade guacamole. I haven't had any this week or anything; I just really like the stuff.
  • That this weekend is another three-day weekend that I get to spend hanging out with Andy.
Today I'm not loving:
  • That the Kid leaves soon.
  • How freaking cold my toes are (I need to get some of these or one of these).
  • People who get in front of me and then go three miles under the speed limit.
  • That champagne isn't an every-day drink on my budget. It's pretty much my favorite.
  • That I haven't done laundry in almost three weeks. This has an awfulness triple-whammy: I am almost out of clean underwear, and when I finally get around to doing laundry it will take all goddamn day, and that means it will probably have to happen this weekend.
What are you loving and loathing lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment