Monday, November 15, 2010

If looks could really kill, then my profession would be staring

I'm grumpy today. I guess it's somewhere between the mean reds and a no-good, very bad day, except that my day wasn't really all that bad.

Annoying things that happened today:
1. Someone entered my husband's unlocked car and stole his iPod.
2. A customer responded to my "Ok, it's past the deadline and you haven't responded in four months!" email WITHIN TEN MINUTES to point out a typo and also to send me more materials.
3. I had a long, boring meeting. Maybe 3% of what we talked about applied to me.
4. I was informed that I made the same careless mistake in four places over the last week. Not really a huge deal, but irritating nonetheless.
5. Some jerk on a cellphone cut me off in order to slam on his brakes and then turn into a church. Seriously.
6. It was dark when I left work at 4:42.

Usually, I'd laugh this stuff off (okay, maybe not #1) but today I just stayed grumpy all day. But I've thought up some possible cures:
A. Stay home, eat some of my mom's homemade beef stew, watch a movie, and knit.
B. Go to the mall and window-shop (or actually shop). I am one of a select group of people who actually love the mall when it's full of Christmas hustle and bustle. I'm not kidding, and it's in a completely non-ironic way.
C. Go see The Other Guys, which we didn't see the other night.
D. Talk Andy into going for a walk with the dog, because it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week.

Any thoughts? What about you - do you have a sure-fire way to cheer yourself up?

No comments:

Post a Comment