Thursday, March 31, 2011

So busy and important.

Sorry about no post yesterday, dudes. I'm sure you were all distraught. I've been busy as hell trying to get ready to go out of town for the weekend, and every time I come home I discover that Pancakes has done something like destroy Rooster's harness or spread my yarn all over the living room. Frustrating.

In lieu of an actual post, here's what I have to do before my train leaves in the morning:

  • Finish the laundry so that I can
  • Pack my duffel bag (I learned on my last trip that those great little suitcases with wheels weigh a fucking ton and suck to haul up and down subway stairs) with:
    • 5 pairs of socks (it's important to me to always have clean socks available)
    • 4 sets of unmentionables (if I phrase it like this, it sounds like coordinated expensive underwear/bra combos, instead of mismatched Hanes undies and bras I got on sale at J.C.Penney)
    • 1 pair of jammies
    • 1 pair of jeans
    • 3 t-shirts
    • 2 sweaters
    • 2 pairs of shoes acceptable for walking around the city
    • 1 stuffed cow
    • Toiletries, which when you're me is code for deodorant and contact solution
  • Pack my "carry-on" (the bag that I'll keep with me) with:
    • Yarn, needles, and knitting pattern
    • Mindless magazine
    • A book (I'm trying to decide between Bill Bryson and David Sedaris. Help!)
    • Since I'll be on the train for lunchtime:
      • A pb&j on whole wheat bread
      • Sour cream and onion chips (a traveling indulgence) (I know this is weird: I'm a really picky eater but I love the taste of pb&j with grape jelly mixed with the taste of sour cream and onion chips. It's okay if you think that's gross.)
      • Trail mix (dried cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips)
      • An orange, peeled and sectioned, in a baggie
      • A big bottle of water 
      • A bottle of Coke and two homemade chocolate chip cookies, so you don't think I'm all healthy or anything
    • Fully charged iPod with headphones
    • Sunglasses
    • Gum
  • Set up three posts for this joint to keep my hordes of readers at bay
  • Pick at my chipping nail polish for a while
  • Have dinner over at my parents' house for my dad's birthday
  • Get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible
  • Shave my legs, because I'm sharing a bed with the friend I'm visiting and I'd rather not have her think she's sharing a bed with a cactus (I'm a snuggler. What can I say?)
  • Watch my neighbor's car get towed with great interest
So you can see, I'm a busy lady with lots of claims on my time. I'm going to go get stuff crossed off this here list, starting with picking at my nails and watching my neighbor's car get towed. See, I'm even multitasking!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE chips with any sandwich so much that I usually end up opening up the sandwich and sticking chips IN it. My favorite with pb&j is bbq pringles- you you are not weird at all! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete