Friday, March 18, 2011

Babies and baby showers forever.

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. I decided not to finish the blanket that I hate, and I'm just going to give the yarn away or something, because really, there's no point in forcing myself to finish it. So we went to one of those baby stores - this one is called "Buy Buy Baby," no joke - to pick something up. Know what's a fun experience? Dragging your husband into a baby store with no idea what you're about to buy, no registry, and no idea if the coming baby is a boy or a girl.

Seriously, does absolutely everyone find out the sex of their baby these days? Because it's really effing hard to find gender-neutral shit.

I also have the following women in my life to shop or knit for: my sister, having a girl, due at the beginning of June; my husband's cousin's wife, having a girl, due at the end of June; my coworker, who I don't know very well, having a boy, due in mid-August.

I think I have reached that stage in my life where I will have someone gestating near me at all times.

I'm okay with this, I think. But then, I'm ovulating, so ask me again in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment