Monday, March 14, 2011

On the needles

Duck feet pattern via
When we were kids, we used to play a game we called "duck feet," wherein we'd take the yellow dishwashing gloves that were kept under the sink and stick our feet in them and clomp around the house quacking. I did not realize until recently that no one else I've ever met has played this game, and people seem to think I'm a little weird. I am pretty sure my mom just let us so she could have five minutes to get some shit done, or whatever.

In an effort to keep my sister's kid from having the same weird kind of childhood, I'm knitting the child some proper duck feet.

But that's not for a little while yet. A good friend who lives around the corner is due with her second kid in mid-April, so I've just started a blanket for that one. Problem is, I freaking hate the yarn and it's so fuzzy it's obscuring the pattern (which I used in a blanket both for the parents and for the big brother, so I'm hoping to stick with it). Ugh.

I also have a simple striped blanket for the Kid's baby started, but not finished. And last week I bought five balls of a cotton-silk blend yarn in a dusty pink that will become a little sundress. I'm excited about this.

Except that the baby shower for the friend due in April, I've just discovered, is this Saturday. Oops. And the kid's shower is a month from tomorrow. Perhaps I've bitten off more than I can knit, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.

What are you all working on? Any knitters out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment