Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things I hate: Tuesday edition

More things I hate:

  • My company relocated a few weeks ago. The old place had three smallish bathrooms, and the new place has one big one (per gender, I mean), which means your likelihood of running into someone in the bathroom is much higher. At least twice a week, someone in the bathroom feels a need to exclaim about how much busier the new bathrooms are. Can't a girl just change her tampon and/or worry about the color of her urine in peace?
  • There's a dude parked in his car across the street from my house. The way the street is set up, it's possible he's waiting for someone in another house, but he's DIRECTLY in front of my house, and only sort of near two other houses. He has not moved or done anything unusual since I got home, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him to leave. Now.
  • I'm hungry and want a snack, but we're going to our friends' house for dinner and I'm not sure what time we're eating. We're supposed to arrive at 6, so dinner could be anywhere from, like, 6:15 to 7:30. I don't want to show up not-hungry, as these friends always cook enough for an army, but don't want to sit there ready to eat my own arm because I didn't have a snack.
  • It's a big ol' cookout thing we're going to, so I get to deal with Andy's dad in the intense humidity and heat, which is an extra-special treat.
  • Work Friend quit smoking a while ago, and gave us permission to give her shit about it if she started back up. She has since started back up and quit again several times, and Work Acquaintance is an asshole about it to her every single time.  If Work Friend were to say anything (like, you know, it's an actual addiction and it sucks, thanks for being a jerk instead of supportive!), Work Acquaintance would protest that it was all lighthearted and besides Work Friend told her to! So on top of nicotine withdrawal and trying her best not to soothe herself with eating a ton, she also has a "friend" she's known for a long time being a dick to her on top of it. None of this is actually my business, but it pisses me off.
  • That guy from his car has gotten out of the car and appears to be canvassing for something, as he's going to doors holding a clipboard. No suit, so he's probably not a Jehovah's Witness (who are fun to chat with and occasionally give your mom's cell phone number).
  • Both dogs got groomed this weekend, and when I went to let them back in this morning, Rooster (who was white when I let him out) was laying in a patch of bare sandy dirt. He is now closer to beige than white. And on the couch.
What about you, ducks? You grumpy about anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment