Friday, September 23, 2011

Today in irritating vs. awesome

Irritating: I went to bed really late (got home after midnight), turned off my alarm in my sleep, and woke up ten minutes before I was supposed to leave for work.
Awesome: We were out so late to go to a really awesome concert for free at the same venue where we got married.
Irritating: My coworkers are bizarre human beings who don't understand that some conversations might be better had in a conference room or anywhere other than loudly at the cubicle near mine.
Awesome: Um, I'm now up-to-date on my coworker's daughter's cold?
Irritating: I went back to the doctor's to get my TB test checked, and discovered that the stupid nurse practitioner (who I really didn't like - among other things, she totally pooh-poohed the two issues I wanted to discuss, and she asked me which side the infertility was on, as she assumed foster care = infertile, which fills me with a blinding rage, as she is a fucking medical professional) had put on my form that I was taking an anti-dizziness medication I was prescribed TWO YEARS AGO with NO REFILLS when I was going off a different medication. Even though she asked me at my appointment if I was still taking it, and I pointed out that there hadn't been any refills TWO YEARS AGO, so no, I had been off of it for, oh, about two years.
Awesome: Not so much awesome as just more work, but that is the kick I needed to find a GP closer to where I live now.
Irritating: As a result of not getting enough sleep, my almost-cold is rearing its head and I have a sinus headache.
Awesome: I'm fighting it by watching my first-ever episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and knitting, then we're going to dinner with my sister-in-law, her sister, and her sister's husband!

Have you ever had to break up with a doctor's office? Have you ever seen this trainwreck of a show?

No comments:

Post a Comment