Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Food Thing = Success!

Dudes, we had our parents over yesterday for a Mother's Day picnic-thing, and it was a resounding success. Possibly less-than-stellar moments: I drank four glasses of wine while sitting in the sun (then wisely switched to water!), I sat at such an angle that a large patch of my right boob got sunburned (but nowhere else got any sun at all), and I doubled what turned out to be an already-tripled frosting recipe, so now I have enough frosting for at least two more layer cakes. I made a lot of frosting, is what I'm saying.

I tried on bathing suits a little while ago and am now feeling self-critical in that special way that bathing-suit-trying-on can bring, so I'm going to eat some celery and then go for a bike ride.

The bike ride part is true, but the celery part isn't. We don't have any celery, and I'm hungry, so I think I'm going to have some scrambled eggs and marble rye toast. That's healthy, right? Lots of protein, and stuff?

And I'm giving the rest of the cake away to my neighbors, but that was part of the plan before the bathing suit thing.

How was your Mother's Day? Anyone else feeling spectacularly self-image-conscious, or just plain fat, this week?

1 comment:

  1. I think we're always harder on ourselves than anyone else. Or, at least, this is what I tell myself when trying on swimsuits ;)

    ReplyDelete