Friday, August 5, 2011

Hooray for weekends!

We're kicking off the weekend in a little bit by going out for a friend's birthday dinner, and I am super pumped about it. When we get home, provided it isn't too late and I'm not too drunk, I'm going to can up my first-ever batch of peach butter, made with 8 quarts of peaches that have been hanging out in my slow-cooker since WEDNESDAY NIGHT, y'all. I am no good at spatial reasoning, so I cannot for the life of me guess what the three inches of goo in my (big and round) slow-cooker will translate into when measured in half-pints and four-ounce jelly jars, so I'm sanitizing a bunch of both in the dishwasher while we're gone and will just use what seems to make the most sense.

As far as I know, we don't actually have much planned for the weekend itself, so I'm really hoping for a public market trip in the morning (empanada breakfast is the best breakfast) and some cookie baking. Other than that, I really want to do nothing that will require me to wear pants. Is that so much to ask for?

Have such an awesome weekend, you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment