Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Just the facts.

Here is some shit about me:
  • I don't particularly like apples. I'll eat one now and then, but I never really enjoy 'em. I do enjoy apple pies and apple crisp, because those are full of butter and sugar, which have saved worse fruits than apples.
  • I am an awesome baker, but I think those "...and it's good for you, too, because we subbed in millet for flour and carob for chocolate and applesauce and agave for the butter and sugar!" recipes can suck balls. Full-fat (salted) butter and brown sugar win every time.
  • I don't like cream cheese in my baked goods. No cream-cheese frosting, even. The exception, of course, is plain cheesecake. Not with fruit or anything.
  • Despite owning two dogs, I am not a dog person. I like mine okay, usually, and a few other dogs have won me over, but I pretty much have no interest in your dog, or anyone else's. 
  • I absolutely love the show Cops. I wish they had it on Netflix. I'd watch it all the time.
  • I am becoming significantly more organized as I get older. My desk at work is organized logically and files I need are in file folders and labelled in order in my drawer. This is a total departure from my previous systems, which included "just put that shit anywhere" and "four of us share our lockers, so there's always a math book to grab, even if it's not for the right class".
  • Being an editor for my job makes it really hard to enjoy a book that hasn't been proofread well. This is irritating, because I really can't enjoy a story, no matter how interesting, if I'm spending the whole time with my mental-red-pen poised.
  • I am not overly "girly," I guess. I wear skirts and dresses a lot, but that's mostly because some days I cannot stand the thought of wearing pants. I wear at least a little makeup most days, but I paint my nails maybe five times a year, and I have had one pedicure in my entire life. On the other hand, I have no interest in sports or wearing athletic sneakers, ever, or baseball caps, so maybe I am a little girly after all. Or maybe I'm not really comfortable with labeling myself! Resist!
  • I have a magical ability to ignore messes if they stay there long enough, for weeks at a time, until suddenly they drive me insane. For example, I folded a load of laundry three days ago, and it has stayed on the couch since then. It's fine for at least two more days, at which point a switch will flip in my brain and I will be so irritated I have to put it away immediately, even if it makes us late for something.
  • I do not like 90% of romantic comedies. I enjoy 40% of shitty action movies.
Phew. Glad I got that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment