Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend in Brooklyn

These stupid glasses were everywhere.
I had a great time visiting NYC, you guys. My friend lives in Williamsburg, which is neat for me because it means I'm never the person wearing the weirdest clothes. We hung out and ate awesome food (hello, cheese plate and wine for dinner) and stuff.

Some highlights:
  • Cheese. There was a lot of cheese, adn I love cheese, so that was great.
  • Knitting. I knit a whole baby sweater and most of a second one! We went to a great yarn shop that wasn't any more expensive than the non-chain yarn shops around here. And the sweaters are so fucking precious.
  • In fact, they're so fucking precious that a biker dude told me how sweet it was. The sweater I was showing him was pink. And he cooed a little bit. (Brooklyn is weird.)
  • Tequila. Lots of tequila, which led to me getting into a heated conversation with the bartender (a friend of the friend I was visiting) and some poor bystander, who happened to be Canadian, about what the game Oregon Trail means about American psyche and stuff. The Canadian guy may have tried to remove himself from the conversation when I told him that one of the best parts of the game was naming people in your party after people you hate and then letting them die.
  • Delicious homemade brunch, which cost so, so much less than going out to brunch.
  • We went out to dinner with my friend's husband, from whom she is separated but with whom she is working on reconciling, which was really nice. Hooray for people working hard on relationships instead of giving up!
  • I got a chance to wander about by myself for a while yesterday while my friend worked, which was neat. I walked A LOT. 
  • I partially completed Resolution Number 8!
Lowlights:
  • I fucking hate standing around, and there is a ton of that in NYC, particularly when waiting for or on the subway. 
  • I always spend significantly more than I plan to, because everything in the city is more expensive than it needs to be.
  • Hangover.
How was y'all's weekend? Do you heart New York?

No comments:

Post a Comment