- I am wearing brand-new underwear, and I got my fucking period a week early.
- I asked the woman in charge of training people at work a question about a weird thing I was working on, and got a ten-minute lecture about how I needed more information instead of an answer. (I knew that. It's why I was asking her how to handle it.)
- I had one of those ring-once-then-hang-up-because-it-was-a-wrong-number calls at work, but it was from the VP of HR, so I panicked quietly for a while. (Also, Company I Work For, it's not necessary to have someone with the title "VP of HR" when the whole HR department is two people.)
- Pancakes decided that what our backyard really needed was a water feature, so she very helpfully started excavating a pit for it.
- She also excavated the hell out of the garbage can in our bedroom. Hello, chewed-up tissues spread around the upstairs.
- It stayed cold and drizzly and sticky out, instead of being sunny and warm-ish as promised.
- I took the dogs for a walk even though it was kind of gross out, and discovered that a chipmunk has dug out a nest under the lavender in my front garden. Asshole.
- The Kid and Brian are coming on Friday and staying with us for two weeks (yay!) but I have a million things left to do, and all I want to do is to go to bed early.
How do you handle feeling overwhelmed and tired? Any sneaky trips?