Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Eye doctor appointment in nineteen minutes

You guys! I have an eye doctor appointment for the first time in two and a half years. I realized this when I was recounting to someone recently how my glasses got stolen on my honeymoon. Turns out that healthcare in Jamaica is prohibitively expensive, so there's a huge black market for things like prescription glasses and contacts. I spent my whole honeymoon in my contacts and had to store them in tumblers (WHICH I JUST TRIED TO SPELL 'TUMBLR' THANX INTERNET) with notes to the cleaning staff to not throw them out. So when we got home, I had to get new glasses. That was in the summer of 2008 and I'm just now following up. Oops.

So I spent part of my day checking out Warby Parker, but most of the glasses I like best aren't available for the home try-on, which is SO NOT COOL. I totally get that they are in high demand, but don't you think that would mean even more people would want to try them on? So I'm going to see what I can find that I like at the doctor's office, and then maybe get some back-up pairs online at Zenni Optical! (Also, when I showed Andy the link, he responded, "Just don't get hipster glasses, okay?")

Where else should I look online? Help a sister out!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete