Monday, June 25, 2012

It's a go.

Dudes? I'm knocked up.

Pee test confirmed it. Doing blood work tomorrow. So far we haven't even told our families (except my sister, who knew we were trying) so no one call my mom and steal our thunder.

Remember last year when I first told you all about becoming foster parents, and promised I wouldn't make this blog a "family-friendly love-fest"? I still cuss a lot, but I definitely talk WAY more about parenting than things that will always piss me off or my thoughts on pajamas or the general weirdness of strangers.

I just reread a bunch of stuff I wrote, and I liked it. When I'm awake enough, I'm going to try to start incorporating more of that shit, because I do in fact have a personality outside of mothering.

So, you know, hooray! I'll keep you updated!

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! and completely jealous that you have a personality outside of mothering :)Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And I am completely loving that you told the internet before your mother. Funny stuff like that is why I read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting. You are going to be a f#*king awesome mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! We're pretty excited. We did tell my parents, but haven't told Andy's yet - his sister is coming into town tomorrow so we'll tell them all when we hang out with them.

    ReplyDelete