Monday, April 22, 2013

Pregnancy thing I never realized

Here's a minor thing that makes a lot more sense to me now: You know how tv likes to show pregnant women always touching or rubbing their bellies? I do that all the time now. I don't even always notice I'm doing it, although I try to avoid it when I'm talking to my boss or whatever. Turns out a baby pushing hard against your guts with her foot is pretty uncomfortable, so pressing back, at least gently, provides some counter-pressure and makes it a little less uncomfortable. How about that shit.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! There is an unofficial support group of foster parents starting up locally. We connected on Facebook and are meeting next weekend. I wanted to let you know in case you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa! Yes, I'm so interested! If you check this, would you leave me an email address or email me at makingitawkward AT gmail so I can get the details??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craaaazy. I'm 90% not interested in having kids but I'm pretty sure if I ever did I'd just go around being all "UMMMM, DID YOU KNOW I'M GROWING ANOTHER HUMAN WITH MY BODY RIGHT NOW?"

    ReplyDelete