Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hooray, long weekend!

Andy and I are heading out* in the morning to go visit my sister and her husband and my perfect niece! They are in a new house and we get to see it and them and probably the National Zoo all in one jam-packed delightful weekend.

We haven't taken the baby on a car ride this long since she was four months old, so it will be interesting to see how she does. She doesn't nap well at daycare at all and makes up for it by taking mega-naps on the weekend so it's entirely possible that she'll sleep in the car and still sleep at night.

I'm super excited to see my sister and to squeeze my niece and to eat my brother-in-law's homemade pizza and wings. It's going to rock.

Also, totally unexpected and totally awesome: I got a text message out of the blue yesterday from a friend with whom I'd lost touch. We chatted about our respective awesome lives and I asked where he's living now - still on the other side of the country? Answer: Forty minutes from where we'll be this weekend! How awesome is that? So we're going to try to meet up for coffee so we can meet each others' respective babies and do some more catching up.

Any fun for you on this Columbus Day weekend?

*We have a house sitter, duh, so don't try any funny business.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachael-
    Just wanted to leave you a little note- thanks for your comment on my Yes and Yes article! I'm digging on your blog, sounds like we've been through a lot of the same stuff recently (miscarriage, et al)--added you to my 'must read' list; can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete